The mission of the Elmore County Child Nutrition Program is to ensure that every child has the opportunity to benefit from nutritious meals that foster better learning and a lifetime of good health.
As representatives of Elmore County Public Schools, the Child Nutrition team is dedicated to improving the health of children in Elmore County by providing nutritious, attractive, timely, and consistent meal services that meet state and federal guidelines. Our staff strives to provide services that enhance program quality and accountability in an efficient, friendly manner.
Thank you for visiting our Child Nutrition Program website. We believe that children need healthy meals to learn. The Elmore County Child Nutrition Program offers healthy meals every school day, serving over 7000 nutritious meals daily. Throughout the Elmore County School district we have 14 operating cafeterias. Child Nutrition has undergone reauthorization this year with the USDA, therefore there have been many changes to our department. Please be sure to review our website to familiarize yourself with all of the new changes.
Hours Of Operation
Our hours of operation are from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. We are located across from Wetumpka High School on Highway 14 in the blue metal building which also houses the Transportation Office/Bus Shop. Our office has Child Nutrition/Federal Programs over the entrance.
Our physical address is 100 H H Robison Drive, and our mailing address is P.O. Box 817, Wetumpka, AL 36092.
1. We believe that school meals are an important component of student success
- Help develop sound nutritional habits
- Expose students to a variety of foods
- Provide healthy fruits and vegetables
- Benefit students' behavior, including
- energy levels
2. We believe that food safety is a top priority. We have implemented a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Program throughout the District to reduce the chance of a food-borne illness event. Temperatures of all food products are monitored throughout production and service.
3. We believe that it is a privilege to serve the students of Elmore County.
4. We believe that it is our duty to promote fiscal responsibility and ensure compliance in all areas.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. (AD-3027) found online
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.